5 Tips for Improving Your Deck
Your deck is an extension of the living room during the summer and early fall—or even longer in warmer areas. With a few months of backyard dinners still ahead, it’s important to keep this outdoor space clean and comfortable for friends and family to enjoy.
Before you set up the new furniture and decor, remove everything from the deck and clean the surface with a pressure washer. You’d be surprised what a difference just a quick rinse can make in the overall look of your outdoor space. A Briggs & Stratton gas or electric pressure washer effortlessly removes trapped mold and dirt from the wood, which can tidy up the space instantaneously. Have a large deck or patio surface as well? Consider attaching a surface cleaner to speed up the process!
Once the deck has been cleaned, allow it to dry for 24 hours before returning any tables or chairs. After the deck has dried, throw down a vibrant outdoor rug and consider these deck revamp tips.
5 tips for revamping your deck:
- Neutral waterproof furniture fabrics will withstand the elements best.
- Brighten up the space with accent pillows, flowers and colorful pots.
- Plant tall plants such as evergreen shrubs around the deck to create privacy.
- Add water with a fountain or bird bath to bring tranquility to the space.
- Lighten the space with lanterns or string lights for late evenings.
Now that your deck is clean and re-energized, it’s time to sit back, relax and enjoy!
NOTICE: Customer service questions are not monitored via the blog. If you need assistance with your Briggs & Stratton engine or power equipment, please contact our Answer Center or post your question to our User Community.