The Best Lawn Mowers for 2016: Where to Find the Top 5 Latest Lawn Mower Engine Innovations by Briggs & Stratton
Each year, Briggs & Stratton works with our partners to bring innovative new lawn mowers to the market. For those of you who are thinking about a new lawn mower we wanted to provide a round-up of some of our best lawn mower engines and best lawn mower innovations over the past few years, so you know what to look for when you hit the dealers, stores or the web.
Mow N’ Stow® technology: for those short on storage space
- Briggs & Stratton’s innovative Mow N’ Stow® technology includes a re-engineered engine that allows this mower to be stored upright with its handle folded using 70 percent less storage room. And all without spilling gas or oil.
- Mow N’ Stow’s patented engine design can be found on select Toro SmartStow™ models at Home Depot and range in price from $329 – $399.
Just Check and Add™: low maintenance mowers
- The EXi Series featuring Just Check and Add™ is a new engine from Briggs & Stratton that never needs an oil change.* Never needs an oil change…wait, what? That’s right, this low maintenance engine keeps the oil cooler and cleaner so it doesn’t break down as fast or get dirty. All you need to do is check it and add oil when needed.
- The EXi engine can be found on select Toro walk-behind mowers and Yard Machines walk mowers at The Home Depot; Troy-Bilt units and Husqvarna mowers at Lowe’s; Craftsman units at Sears; Snapper® mowers at Walmart and Yardworks machines at Canadian Tire for our friends from the north. Costs range from $239 – $399.
Quiet Power Technology™:for those who want peace and quiet
- Quiet Power Technology™ featuring Just Check and Add™ marries two of our most sought after innovations. It has all of the low-maintenance benefits of Just Check & Add described above including never having to change the oil and it also features our Quiet Power Technology meaning that it runs up to 60 percent quieter* than a traditional gas-powered lawnmower. Now you can have quiet and easy all in one mower.
- QPT® featuring Just Check and Add can be found on select Snapper mowers at Walmart; select Husqvarna mowers at Lowe’s and select Craftsman mowers at Sears. Prices range between $340 – $450.
ReadyStart®: Easiest starting riding lawn mower
- Riding tractor controls can be confusing. Luckily, Briggs & Stratton’s ReadyStart® for Ride technology is more like starting a car and features a no-choke starting system. All you need to do is turn the key or push a button and you’re off and mowing.
- Briggs & Stratton’s ReadyStart for Ride technology can be found on select Poulan Pro tractors at the Home Depot; select Craftsman units at Sears and select Husqvarna lawn tractors at both Lowe’s and Canadian Tire. Prices range from $1,999 – $3,399.
With all innovation by Briggs & Stratton powering the best lawn mower brands it’ll be hard not to find a mower that fits your needs! In the market for a new lawn mower this year? Tell us your favorite features!
*Under normal use conditions. To see complete details refer to your Operating Manual. Briggs & Stratton standard warranty terms and conditions apply. Just Check & Add does not extend the warranty period. See http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support/warranty for details.
**As tested against Toto model #20371 and Honda model #HHR216VKA