Fall Lawn Care for You & Your Neighbors (USA Today Snapshot)
Briggs & Stratton was proud to be featured in a USA Today Snapshot on October 6, which included a statistic from a Harris Poll we did in March. 93% of homeowners believe keeping a good-looking yard is a courtesy to their neighbors. Here at Briggs & Stratton we talk a lot about the “social contract” we all enter into when we move into a neighborhood – that we are essentially obligated to our neighbors to maintain a nice-looking exterior of our home.
Lawn care is essential to maintaining curb appeal. At Briggs & Stratton, we share lawn care how-to articles and yardcare tips here on the blog. To kickstart fall clean-up, try some of these strategies.
5 Quick & Easy Fall Lawn Care Tips
You can keep your yard looking good for you and your neighbors by following these fall lawn care tips:
- Get one last mow in: You can mow lower than you usually do (standard is the top one-third of the grass blade).
- Yard decorations: Put out seasonal flowers or festive holiday decorations when the time is right.
- Leaf removal: It may be time consuming but it makes your lawn healthy and you won’t regret it come spring.
- Stow lawn furniture: Put away any outdoor furniture you won’t be using, to preserve the life of your items.
- Remember to properly store outdoor power equipment for winter.
Do you feel an obligation to keep your yard looking nice for your neighbors and yourself? What do you do this time of year to ensure a good-looking yard?