Your Pressure Washer is Your Patio’s New Best Friend
Although yellow is a lovely summer color, the crusty mustard smear on your patio cushion isn’t pretty. Celebrate National Mustard Day on Aug. 6 by keeping the Dijon on your brat and off of the patio by cleaning your outdoor living space with a pressure washer.
Cleaning various textures, shapes and materials on the patio may seem overwhelming. Fortunately, Briggs & Stratton’s POWERflow+ Technology conquers this challenge by including multiple cleaning settings in one handy nozzle. These options allow users to easily alternate between cleaning hard patio surfaces, uniquely shaped patio furniture and more delicate surfaces such as glass tables.
Keep your patio tidy and clean with these 5 tips:
- Review the Briggs & Stratton operator safety section in the operator’s manual.
- Remove potted plants and decor from the surrounding area and cover bushes with plastic. If possible, prevent chemical runoff from flowing into these areas.
- Allow a detergent to tackle the food, dirt and grime so you don’t have to. Use a heavy-duty degreaser for messy jobs such as the grill. Let the detergent soak on a warm—not hot—grill for 3-5 minutes before rinsing.
- Scrub with the Briggs & Stratton Dual Action Pressure Washer Brush to effortlessly lift dirt and grime from hard to reach places such as mold buildup on wood.
- Eliminate scum from patio birdbaths and fountains to keep them clean and mosquito free. Clean with a detergent or solution, scrub and rinse thoroughly.
Detergent combined with a pressure washer such as the Briggs & Stratton 3000 Max PSI POWERflow+ Technology will wash away any mess left behind from your kids, friends or Franklin the family canine. Don’t let the leftovers stick around.
For additional outdoor cleaning tips, check out our Post-Party Cleanup post.